DJI has become one of the leading commercial drone makers in the world. The Chinese drone manufacturer has produced some of the most advanced and efficient consumer drones. These are designed for use by amateur drone lovers, drone racing enthusiasts and professional aerial cinematographers alike.
The bulk of the DJI drones are focused towards the expert aerial photographers around the world. Although these drones help professional cinematographers to capture stunning, Hollywood-like aerial footages, with the help of Freewell Gear filters and accessories your aerial videography experience gets remarkably better.
Freewell Gear is a leading designer of drone filters and accessories for DJI, Yuneec, Parrot, Autel and GoPro Karma drones. The Freewell Gear filters are designed to enhance the quality of your footage to its optimal level. Thanks to the excellent quality material, effective design and multiple coating on the optical glass Freewell Gear DJI drone filters remain the best choice for professional aerial photographers.
Apart from being reliable to capture cinematic drone footage, the Freewell Gear DJI filters are also extremely lightweight. This ensures that their use with your DJI drone, or another compatible drone, does not have any negative effect on the drone’s gimbal.
Freewell Gear DJI Drone Filter Kits
Freewell Gear is a renowned brand for providing excellent drone accessories and filters. The Freewell Gear range of filters is an excellent choice to improve your aerial images and transform them into cinematic footage.
To be more efficient, Freewell Gear has classified its Filter Kits into two classes:
- Freewell Gear 4K Series Filter Kit
- Freewell Gear E Series/Budget Series
Read on below to know the difference between these two filter kits from Freewell and how each serves its own purpose in making your drone photography experience more productive.
Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit
The Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit is an excellent buy for professional aerial filmmakers. Every drone camera filter from Freewell is made using only the best quality optical glass. This ensures clear shots at all times. The brand is renowned for producing multicoated drone filters which enhance your footage quality immensely.
Freewell Gear is renowned as the innovator who introduced the ND1000 and ND2000 long exposure lens filters in the market. The brand has been widely acclaimed as being an innovative and advanced one, which produces some of the best-quality and reliable consumer drone filters and accessories in the market today.
Freewell Gear provides Neutral Density (ND) filters, Circular Polarized Lens (CPL) filters, Ultraviolet (UV) filters, and Infrared (IR) filters as well as Hybrid (ND/PL) filters for DJI drones.
Each Freewell Gear DJI 4K Filter has been coated 16 times in all. There are 8 separate coatings on each side of the filter glass. First, a layer of Reflective Elimination Coating is applied to the optical glass. This coating is essential to remove all unwanted glare from your images. Next, a ‘Lower Distortion Coating’ is also applied, which helps to make the images sharper. On top of this, multiple weather-proof coatings are applied. These final coatings are to shield your expensive camera lens from water, oils, scratches, dirt, dust and debris.
These coatings are applied on both sides of the 4K Series filters for DJI from Freewell Gear. Resultantly, each Freewell Gear 4K Series DJI drone filter is excellent in preventing unwanted glare from ruining your image, as well as keeping the image sharp and protect your camera lens from damage too.
Hence, the Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit is the perfect kit for professional aerial filmmakers.
Contents of Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit
The Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit contains the following:
Freewell Gear DJI Filters Standard Day Pack – The Freewell Gear DJI Standard Day Pack contains:
- ND4 filter – ND4 filter cuts light entering the camera lens by 2 f-stops, thus helping you capture clear footage even in overcast weather and low lighting conditions.
- ND8 filter – ND8 filter cuts light by 3 f-stops, helping to capture stunning and sharp images even in cloudy weather and low lighting conditions.
- ND16 filter – ND16 filter is helpful to reduce the shutter speed by 4 f-stops, thus helping to capture crystal clear picture in normal sunny daytime conditions.
- CPL filter – The CPL filter is excellent in preventing unwanted reflections from natural reflective surfaces to ruin your picture.
Freewell Gear DJI Filters Bright Day Pack – The Freewell Gear DJI Bright Day Pack contains:
- ND8/PL filter – ND8/PL hybrid filter helps to reduce the drone camera’s shutter speed by 3 f-stops. This helps to capture clear pictures in normal sunny outdoor conditions. It also helps to prevent unwanted reflections outdoors from marring your picture.
- ND16/PL filter – ND16/PL filter is designed to restrict light entering the camera lens by 4 f-stops. This makes it excellent for use in bright daytime conditions. The lens is also able to block all unneeded reflections from water bodies and windows when photographing outdoors.
- ND32/PL filter – ND32/PL filters are able to slow down the shutter speed by 5 f-stops. This helps to capture crystal-clear images even in the brightest sunlit conditions. The filter also helps to restrict reflective surfaces from spoiling your picture.
- ND64/PL filter – ND64/PL filter is helpful to slow down the shutter speed to the lowest possible limit. This is perfect to get the much-needed cinema-like ‘motion blur’ in your aerial footages. The filter also successfully blocks unwanted light reflected from windows and water bodies from spoiling your footage quality.
Freewell Gear DJI Filters All Day Pack – The Freewell Gear DJI Filters All Day Pack, which is the best-selling Freewell Gear Filter Kit, contains:
- ND4 filter – ND4 helps to restrict shutter speed by 2 f-stops, making it excellent for use in gloomy, overcast lighting conditions.
- ND8 filter – ND8 filter helps to reduce camera shutter speed by 3 f-stops, thus helping to capture clearer pictures even in cloudy, low lighting conditions.
- ND16 filter – ND16 filter slows down the shutter speed by 4 f-stops. This helps to capture sharp images in normal daytime sunlit conditions.
- ND8/PL filter – ND8/PL hybrid filter is designed for use in low lighting as it restricts light from hitting the camera sensor by 3 f-stops. This filter is also designed to block unwanted reflections at the same time.
- ND16/PL filter – ND16/PL filter is designed to restrict shutter speed by 4 f-stops, to help capture clearer images in bright sunlight. It also effectively prevents unwanted reflections from ruining your perfect photograph.
- ND32/PL filter – ND32/PL filter is designed to slow down shutter speed by 5 f-stops, making it excellent for use in brightest daytime lighting conditions, such as early morning or afternoon. It also protects your images from being spoiled by reflections from ground surfaces, such as water and windows.
- ND64/PL filter – ND64/PL filter is helpful to slow down the camera shutter speed to the lowest possible point. This results in adding the cinematic ‘motion blur’ effect naturally into the footage.
- CPL filter – CPL filters are designed solely to prevent glare from natural reflective surfaces, such as windows, ponds, lakes, rivers, sea, etc, from marring your picture.
Freewell Gear DJI Long Exposure Filter Kit – The Freewell Gear DJI Long Exposure Filter Kit contains:
- ND128 filter – ND128 filter is designed to slow camera shutter by 7 f-stops, making it excellent to capture long exposure shots.
- ND256 filter – ND256 filter is designed to reduce shutter speed by 8 f-stops, making it excellent for enhanced long exposure shots.
- ND400 filter – ND400 filter is designed to reduce amount of light entering the camera lens by 9 f-stops. This slows down the shutter speed enough to capture stunning long exposure shots.
- ND1000 filter – ND1000 filter, which was innovated by Freewell Gear is an excellent choice to film moving objects. The filter reduces shutter speed by 10 f-stops, making it possible for you to capture fast-moving objects clearly in your footage.
Freewell Gear DJI ND2000 Long Exposure Filter
- ND2000 filter – ND2000 filter from Freewell Gear is designed to help you to capture the most stunning and cinematic footage, using long exposure mode. Apart from helping to capture moving objects in a natural motion, the filter also blocks unwanted glare from sunlight in marring your footage quality.
Freewell Gear DJI E Series Filter Kit
The Freewell Gear DJI E Series, or Budget Series, filter kit is the perfect way for amateur aerial photographers to hone their photography skills. Freewell Gear has aimed to provide an all-round solution to beginners for learning the fundamentals of aerial videography without investing in a list of expensive filters.
These Freewell Gear E-Series DJI Filters do not have multiple coating, as seen in the Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit so you can see some flares but they are made of the optical glass . As the Freewell Gear E Series Filter Kit for DJI does not have coating on its optical glass it makes it cheaper than the professional Freewell Gear DJI 4K Series Filter Kit.
The Freewell Gear DJI Filters Budget Kit contains:
- ND4 filter – ND4 filter helps to reduce light entering the camera lens by 2 f-stops. This is ideal to get clear footage in low-lit, overcast daytime conditions. The filter also protects your camera lens from physical damage.
- ND8 filter – ND8 filter helps to prevent light from hitting the camera sensor by 3 f-stops. This makes it perfect to capture sharp footage and photograph in cloudy daytime conditions with low lighting. The filter also prevents the unwanted ‘jello’ effect from ruining your captured footages too.
- ND16 filter – ND16 filter helps to slow shutter speed by 4 f-stops, making it excellent for use in normally bright sunlit conditions.
- ND32/PL filter – ND32/PL hybrid filter is designed to slow down shutter speed by 5 f-stops and also prevent unwanted reflections from ruining your footage.
- ND64/PL filter – ND64/PL hybrid filter slows down the shutter speed by 6 f-stops, and helps to prevent unwanted reflections from entering the image, when flying near water bodies or windows.
- CPL filter – CPL filter is designed solely to prevent reflections from natural surfaces, such as snow, windows and water. This helps to capture crystal-clear footage in all types of lighting conditions outdoor.
This is essentially a beginner’s filter kit from Freewell Gear. These inexpensive filters provide similar functions as the professional 4K series filters do. The Freewell Gear DJI Filters E Series/Budget Kit contains all the necessary filters that are needed for you to learn the ropes of professional aerial videography efficiently, and in an affordable manner.
Why choose Freewell Gear Drone Filters and Accessories?
Freewell Gear is renowned for providing a wide range of filters and accessories for DJI drones, such as:
Apart from these, Freewell Gear also provides sufficient necessary accessories and filters for other popular drones too. These include the:
Use only Freewell Gear drone filters and accessories for your expensive DJI and other drones. This will ensure that your drone camera lens is always protected against damage from dust, debris and scratches. It will also ensure that you always capture the best, most stunning and high-quality images and footages using your drone.
Freewell Gear provides you with a Life Time Warranty when you buy its products. We, at Freewell Gear, are consistent with best product quality. So in case you have any queries or complaints regarding any of the immense range of Freewell Gear drone filters and accessories, feel free to drop in an email to our competent support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org